Below we have answered frequently asked questions from our customers. If you do not find your answers here please contact your closest wholesaler or ESBE Sales company in your country.

Which thermostatic mixing valve should be used for a system with hot water circulation (HWC)?

ESBE has a product for systems with hot water circulation called VTR300, more information is available on the product page.
You can also use VTA320 or VTA520, depending on the flow capacity needed. You should never use a VTA310 in this type of applications.

Can a thermostatic mixing valve also be used as a diverting valve?

The VTD300 is a thermostatic diverting valve developed for these applications. You should not use a VTA300. If you need higher flow capacity the VTA500 series can be used as a diverting valve.

The thermal mixing valve VTR provide inconsistent mixing temperature.

To get the right tap temperature you need:

  1. A minimum flow volume 4 l/min for all VTR300, and 9 l/min for all VTR500 series.
  2. A minimum temperature change ∆t of 10°C between the hot water supply and the set mixing temperature

Please see Datasheet for more information.